Website Tesco Bank
You will form part of the Resource Analyst Insight Team whose function is to use the Tesco Business Services (TBS) reporting data to help deliver actionable insight, by producing meaningful and visual reports, ad-hoc requests, spotting trends and interrogating data to help the business meet the customer demand across multiple contact media types (Calls, Emails, Social Media) and sites.
- Carry out data discovery to understand the strength and limitations of the data, uncover hidden patterns and proactively identify hidden insights.
- Maintain, develop and streamline the production of our key routine reports, understanding performance themes across all of our KPIs.
- Ensure any forecast updates are updated, in a timely and efficient manner, in both VMOs and our Work Force Management system
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to share ideas and create an environment which drives creative and innovative insight and analysis practices.
- Maintaining VMOs to enable relevant stakeholders to make key staffing decisions – now and for the future.
- Proactively seek out best practice and innovative analytics techniques to improve the quality, efficiency and impact of the insight delivered.
- Focused on execution of analytics and day to day resource planning support
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders, to specify, develop and produce high quality insight and analysis to support key TBS objectives and to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Building applications using Visual Studio to allow for automation and reduction in workload is advantageous – this can involve working with multiple internal and external vendors.
- Use data to validate hypotheses or ascertain benefits to enable the right prioritisation of business and strategic opportunities
- Define and continually develop leading KPIs to help stakeholders achieve targets.
- Optimising data extraction and data processing
- Working within Tesco business Services (TBS) coordinating across multiple sites and locations globally
- Maintaining reports on forecast v actual data.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of business and colleague data, processes and work streams to enrich actionable insight.
- Identify any risks to future staffing that can arise from any amendments to forecasts and inform the relevant stakeholders.
- Utilise insight to influence senior stakeholders, highlighting key trends, risks, areas for improvement or areas of sustained performance.
- Support leadership led initiatives and projects with data analysis.
- Creating long, mid and short-term plans down to intra-day level for each area and contact type.
- Predictive Analytics
- Strong numerical or statistical skills
- SQL (Intermediate to Expert level)
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams to deliver joint objectives
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Visual Studio knowledge is a Benefit
- Experience Required
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership • Very strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills including Visual Basic
- Innovative and forward thinking in the visualisation of data and reporting
- Bachelors degree in relevant field, or demonstrable experience required
- An ability to prioritise insight projects and activities based on business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex ideas in a simple and compelling way
- Proven experience of analysing multiple datasets
Company: Tesco Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dundee, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A