Website Tesco Bank
This is an exciting opportunity as a Claims Team Leader within TU Claims for Tesco Underwriting. In this role you’ll lead and manage a team of claims handlers to ensure the proactive and cost effective management and resolution of all claims and liabilities whilst ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service
The location of this role is Newcastle and we offer blended working, some time in the office and some time at home.
- Maintain your own and your teams’ technical knowledge to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service and a fair settlement of the claim is achieved for both the customer and the Company.
- Manage escalated customer complaints/queries proactively; identify and agree resolutions that meet the needs of the customer and the Company.
- Lead and manage the team to ensure all claims are handled in the correct technical manner, in accordance with policy cover, legal liability, and departmental, fraud, ABI and FCA Guidelines, and that workflow is maintained in order to meet business objectives.
- Produce accurate and timely reports in accordance with Company requirements.
- Identify trends, risks and areas of continuous improvement and work with colleagues/peers to explore how these might, if appropriate, be developed and embedded in the organisation.
- Manage and motivate your team to ensure the needs of the individual and business are met, including recruitment and selection, performance management, including regular 1:1 meetings, coaching and development and grievance and disciplinary handling.
- Provide job related support to team members, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, and systems.
- Comply with Financial Conduct Authority and Data Protection Act Protocols and rules.
- Carry out regular quality management audits and provide individual feedback taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills; oral and written and presentation skills.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills; ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions.
- Computer literacy, including ability to collate and interpret MI.
- Credit hire knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, in particular the technical and operational requirements of claim handling, liability and negotiation.
- Results focused with a proven track record of delivery; able to demonstrate tenacity and resilience and work under pressure
- Ability to coach and develop staff; contribute to manpower and succession planning activities.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment knowledge of governance and compliance requirements, in particular in respect of the Financial Conduct Authority is desirable
- Proven experience of managing and motivating staff, including recruitment, managing talent and under performance, absence management, discipline and grievance.
Company: Tesco Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A