AP teams function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests, and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
As a Target Security Specialist, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities
- Welcome and engage guests and team members at the front of the store, while ensuring adherence to the store specific mask and guest capacity policies.
- Lead a safety culture for our team members and guests by assessing and maintaining safety standards at the front of store, including exterior property (parking lots).
- Respond to and accurately document security incidents.
- Understand and leverage escalation tools for guest issues in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests.
- Submit appropriate documentation in the system for all incidents following AP policy and procedures.
- Understand and appropriately use the video system.
- Model working safely while maintaining a clean store for guests and team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A