A Superdrug Beauty Studio Manager’s role is to provide an excellent service to customers within our instore Beauty Studios. The services on offer include a full hair salon and barbering services, brow and lash treatments, manicures, pedicures, lash extensions and spray tanning. Our Beauty Studio offers customers the best treatments and products using professional product ranges.
- Manage the studio team to provide an excellent service to customers within the Beauty Studio environment.
- Team management including performance, rotas and training for the team (approximately 15 stylists/barbers/beauty therapists).
- Ensuring that customers are welcomed and leave with “That Superdrug Feeling” and deal professionally with all customer queries and complaints.
- Encouraging the team to upsell to customers in the Superdrug store and create interest in the rest of the Beauty Studio zone.
- Continuously mentor and manage the team, continue your learning and share knowledge with your team to maximise sales and deliver exceptional service.
- Carry out treatments in a relaxed, friendly and clean environment.
- Book customer’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment.
- Schedule each area of the salon to ensure the right people, with the right skill, are in the right place, at the right time.
- Take ownership for the ordering and management of salon stock.
- Leading by example to ensure the best consultation and advice takes place with customers, especially when providing a colour service.
- Operating the cash register to receive payments from customers and ensuring the correct cash up procedures are followed at the start and the end of the day, supporting the wider store with this task if needed.
- NVQ level 3 minimum and ideally up to NVQ level 4 Hair dressing
- Have Outstanding communication skills
- Established back ground in hair dressing and barbering
- Previous management experience of a similar size team.
- Have experience in leadership or assessing. NVQ level 4 -Leadership or management qualification is ideal.
- Functionally capable, demonstrates the breadth and depth of functional technical knowledge that is required to carry out the role to a high level.
- Has scientific approach to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Builds relationships and relates well to all kinds of people, building appropriate rapport and creating constructive and effective relationships.
- Enjoys working in a busy ever changing retail environment and has the drive to succeed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A