Website Sun Country Airlines
The Maintenance Control position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the airline from a Maintenance standpoint. The Maintenance Controller will be responsible for ensuring that Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition, regardless of where they happen to be or who is making the necessary repairs.
- Maintain direct oversight and control over on-call line maintenance providers in the resolution of aircraft maintenance issues, ensuring that the maintenance provider performs the maintenance as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft to the highest possible standards to assure a safe, economical, and on-time operation.
- The Maintenance Controller must be aware of the mechanical status of all operating aircraft and the general status and expected availability of all Sun Country Airlines’ aircraft undergoing maintenance. They will also keep SOC apprised of aircraft availability, particularly if an aircraft cannot meet its schedule.
- The Maintenance Controller is responsible to provide a current and continuing follow-up system of deferred repairs to ensure positive corrective action is made on a timely basis.
- To accomplish that task, the Maintenance Controller will coordinate the activities of Materials, contract
- The Maintenance Controller may be asked to assist in the planning for the development and issuance of the daily RON work packages as directed by the Manager Maintenance Control/Maintenance Planning.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the Company
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative
- Experience with troubleshooting equipment and operation issues
- Previous Maintenance Control experience
- A&P Certificate with currency requirements met
- Ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written
- Self-motivated and independent problem-solving ability
- Three or more years’ experience on the 737-800 or similar type aircraft
Company: Sun Country Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A