Website City of Stockton
The Stockton Police Department offers excellent opportunities for individuals who have graduated from a police academy searching for an organization offering growth opportunity and challenge.
View the City of Stockton Police website www.joinSPD.com
BARGAINING UNIT:Stockton Police Officers’ Association (SPOA)
CIVIL SERVICE STATUS:Included
Veteran’s Preference Points will not be awarded for this position.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of peace officer duties involving the protection of life and property, enforcement of laws and ordinances, criminal investigation, crime prevention and suppression, case preparation and testimony, and providing information and assistance to the public; performs related work as assigned.
This is the first working level class in law enforcement, performing all duties required to effectively respond to and resolve the normal scope of peace officer situations. Incumbents may be assigned to patrol, traffic, detective, juvenile, crime prevention, or other police related functions. This class is distinguished from uniformed civilian police-related classes by designation and the responsibilities and authorities associated with designation as a sworn peace officer under the laws of the State. It is further distinguished from Police Sergeant, which both supervises and participates in law enforcement activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Patrols assigned areas to ensure the security of life and property, observes situations, and deters crime by providing high visibility.
- Responds to suspicious activities and answers emergency calls for service.
- Successful completion of a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved Basic Academy.
- Graduation from a United States high school or possession of a G.E.D. certificate received from a recognized accrediting association.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must meet, physical, psychological, and background standards, which include polygraph testing and California Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Vision requirements are 20/20 for far visual acuity, either corrected or uncorrected. If corrected, no worse than 20/100 uncorrected in each eye separately. For laser surgery, one year minimum elapsed time between surgery and qualifying examination. Color blindness will be cause for rejection.
- Hearing capabilities must be within normal range – 5/5.
- The City of Stockton requires employees in a public safety classification to reasonably respond to emergencies at all times. Employees will be required to maintain primary residence within 45 minutes of City Hall in order to timely respond to emergencies and meet the health, safety and welfare needs of the City. New employees have up to three (3) months from date of hire to comply with the requirement. Any interested candidates must be willing to adhere to this requirement throughout the duration of employment.
Company: City of Stockton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A