Website State Of Texas Jobs
This position functions as an assistant to agency staff and supervisors in providing human services to Child Protective Services (CPS) clients, including transportation and documentation of services provided. It also includes supervising visitations between parents and children and providing various clerical functions. The position interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (FPS) staff, representatives from various organizations, and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations including performing various clerical duties such as typing, filing, faxing, copying, answering/receiving telephone inquiries, etc.
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Completes appropriate forms and documentation concerning client contact including data entry into IMPACT and other agency systems.
- Maintain out-going paper and/or electronic appointment calendar for scheduling requests made by caseworkers/supervisor.
- Provides transportation for clients to and from appointments as requested by caseworkers and/or Unit Supervisor.
- Observes and/or supervises parent and child visits.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
- Knowledge of Child Protective Services
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to operate a personal computer, several software packages, and basic office equipment.
- Ability to work in an office supporting several staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- One-year full-time social services, clerical, secretarial, administrative support, general office, or FPS experience.
- Ability to get work effectively with others.
- Ability to effectively supervise children of various ages.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A