Website State Of Texas Jobs
This position conducts investigations of child day care facilities subject to regulation in accordance with the Human Resource Code, Texas Family Code, Minimum Standards, and agency policies and procedures to determine whether abuse/neglect and/or noncompliance has occurred. The position interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services staff, representatives from various organizations, and the general public.
Investigates complaints of abuse/neglect in licensed/registered and unregulated facilities.
- Investigates complaints of standards violations in licensed and registered child care facilities.
- Investigates complaints alleging illegal child care.
- Documents findings of investigations and notifies child care providers of findings and any corrective or adverse actions being taken.
- Responds to emergency complaints of abuse/neglect in licensed/registered and illegal child care operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
Knowledge of the Texas Family Code, Chapter 42 Human Resource Code laws and regulations relating to children and their care.
- Skill in assessing risk in situations, which might result in injury or death to a child and ability to take appropriate action.
- Skill in investigating and resolving child abuse/neglect allegations.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication.
- Skill in effective organizational skills.
- Skill in assertiveness.
- Ability to identify violations of law and policies concerning child care; and to conduct interviews and gather facts.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A