Website State of Ohio
The mission of the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) is to provide statewide leadership of a high-quality mental health and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery system that is effective and valued by all Ohioans.
- Provides overall direction & Coordination of Nursing Services
- Participates in administrative & management decisions
- Conducts regular meetings with all levels of nursing staff
- Delegates the day-to-day direction & supervision of nursing staff to clinical & administrative supervisors/managers within nursing services
- Oversees monthly & annual budget for Nursing Services to ensure high quality cost effective services are developed.
- In coordination with the NOPH Performance Improvement Director, develops & implements a nursing PI monitoring & evaluation system
- Monitors compliance of Nursing Services to JC, Medicare/Medicaid standards as well as other appropriate Government & legislative body standards
- Reviews clinical data & assesses quality & appropriateness of patient care through review of written reports, incident reports, medical records, case conferences & oral discussions.
- Assures overall compliance with hospital & nursing policies & procedures.
- Analyzes & evaluates the quality of Nursing Services rendered & recommends appropriate opportunities for improvement/action if services fall below agreed-upon standards, focusing on patient outcomes
- participates in decisions on staffing levels & coordination of assignments to ensure patient & staff safety is maintained in the most fiscally responsible manner
- Requires current license as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing & nursing registration per Section 4723.03 of Revised Code; completion of undergraduate core program in nursing; 36 mos. exp. in psychiatric nursing or delivery of nursing services to persons with developmental disabilities; 30 mos. trg. or 30 mos. exp. in management; 30 mos. trg. or 30 mos. exp. in supervision; 18 mos. trg. or 18 mos. exp. in public relations; 18 mos. trg. or 18 mos. exp. in counseling. -Or equivalent of the Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above may be substituted for the experience requirements, but not for the mandated licensure.
- United States of America-OHIO-Lucas County-Toledo
- Mental Health & Addiction Services – Northwest Ohio Psychiatric Hospital
Company: State of Ohio
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toledo, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A