Website State of Ohio
The Supreme Court of Ohio is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Dispute Resolution Programs in the Dispute Resolution Section of the Office of Court Services. The Manager, Dispute Resolution Programs will provide oversight to the Dispute Resolution Section. This position collects, coordinates and disseminates information on dispute resolution processes to Ohio trial and appellate courts. This position is also responsible for the administrative and fiscal functions, training needs and program development for the Section. In addition, deals with inquiries and technical assistance requests.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serves as a mediator (one of two mediators) to mediate Supreme Court cases, including managing the mediation caseload in the Supreme Court’s mediation application. Provides oversight, creates status reports, and conducts mediation for cases pending before the Supreme Court and Court of Claims.
- Introduces and develops innovative program ideas and state-of-the-art dispute resolution practices to Ohio courts. Program oversight requires development of funding sources, programming, training and technical assistance. Provides oversight to the current online dispute resolution pilot program.
- Supervises section staff; schedules and reviews work; provides ongoing training; handles disciplinary problems; prepares and communicates performance appraisals.
- Develops and manages the annual budget for Section, training programs and grant funded programs; identifies financial requirements and potential funding sources; reviews potential grants.
- Prepares and maintains correspondence, records, reports and files; attends meetings and conferences; serves on committees; serves as liaison with other agencies or institutions.
- Advises court management and justices on issues or considerations for Section programs as needed; recommends long term plan for continuing and expanding the Section’s services.
- Researches and analyzes development and implementation of new programs and policies; develops new training initiatives.
- Makes presentations to professional groups and training sessions; participates in regional and national associations that relate to dispute resolution programs.
- Works with the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Dispute Resolution and its subcommittees collecting and disseminating information, meets with members to develop policies to ensure quality and consistency in program operations.
The Supreme Court of Ohio is an at-will employer that seeks to attract, employ, and retain highly skilled and motivated individuals, attempts to maintain staff continuity for the efficiency of its operation, and desires to foster and maintain an ethical, professional, and impartial work environment. Pursuant to Adm. P. 4 (At-Will Employment), no person shall be offered or denied a position of employment with the Court, and no employee shall have the employee’s employment terminated based upon political party affiliation, political activity permitted under Adm. P. 17 (Employee Code of Ethics), or other partisan considerations. Further, no employee shall have the employee’s employment terminated with or without cause unless upon the concurrence of a majority of the Court.
Company: State of Ohio
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lima, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A