Website State of Minnesota
This position exists to promote public roadway safety by the administration of prescribed vision screenings, knowledge, and oral tests for motor vehicle operators so that only qualified individuals obtain a Minnesota driver’s license. This position is also responsible for conducting all inside office procedures while driver examiners are administering skills tests outside of the office.
1) Ability to communicate with others and understand information; read, write and respond to customers in fluent English.
2) Cashiering and basic math skills in order to collect, count, reconcile and complete daily transactions.
3) Ability to provide in-person customer service sufficient to assist working in a high volume, stressful environment.
4) Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers on the phone or in person (face to face contact).
5) Typing/Keyboarding skills.
6) Data entry skills sufficient to enter data onto paper forms and computer entry screens.
7) Must pass national criminal background check.
8) U.S. Citizenship check.
9) The ability to work cooperatively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and underserved communities.
1) Face to face customer service experience in a business with high volume customer traffic within the last five years.
2) Cash handling experience.
3) Ability to problem solve while working independently.
4) Experience with basic office equipment and Internet.
5) Ability to pay close attention to detail.
6) Foreign language skills.
7) Legible penmanship.
8) Excellent attendance and dependability.
9) Graduate of one of the following public sector training programs: Project for Pride in Living, HIRED, Goodwill Easter Seals, Twin Cities Rise, Takoda, Hmong American Partnership, CLUES or similar Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) sponsored workforce development programs.
10) Knowledge of a written and spoken second language (e.g., Spanish, Hmong or Somali) and English sufficient to translate messages from one language to the other, while maintaining message content, context, and style.
11) May need to work regularly scheduled weekend hours.
Company: State of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A