Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
he Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges (MACC) is seeking candidates for the role of Director of Communications and Marketing. Qualified candidates should have experience in proactive and reactive communications and media relations, social media, marketing content development, website content development, and creating advocacy campaigns to reach key stakeholders internally and externally. An understanding of the political landscape in Massachusetts and general understanding of enrollment & retention trends impacting community colleges is needed. The position will report to the Executive Director of MACC, and is a full-time, salaried, and benefited position.
MACC works on behalf of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving more than 136,000 students across the Commonwealth. MACC provides key information on current issues and policies connected to the community colleges in Massachusetts to internal stakeholders and to national and statewide external stakeholders. Through policy initiatives, research, and strategic outreach to business/industry, policy stakeholders, and media outlets, MACC assists the community colleges within Massachusetts in fulfilling their collective mission. The fifteen community colleges in the Commonwealth provide affordable access to higher education and prepare students to earn an associate degree or certificate, transfer to a baccalaureate program, or provide vital training to enter or advance in the regional workforce. Massachusetts Community Colleges make higher education more accessible to a diverse student population by offering open enrollment with access to developmental coursework, convenient locations, affordable tuition, and student services.
- Develop, implement, and manage advocacy campaigns that include messaging strategies for traditional media, social media, internal and external talking points, press releases, op-eds, and other public outreach components. Campaigns will be targeted toward elevating the community colleges to external stakeholders in order to impact funding and public policy.
- Work with respective MACC team members to develop messaging strategies focused on legislative and workforce development efforts.
- Consult Marketing and Communications Directors at the 15 community college campuses and the
- Department of Higher Education on coordinated communications opportunities. Request, gather, organize, and catalog data from 15 autonomous community colleges to tell the story of community college students and alumni in Massachusetts (all campuses utilize distinct and unique data/student information systems).
- Monitor relevant social media accounts, trends, tools and applications and make recommendations to maximize community college visibility.
- Write engaging and appropriate content for the MACC website, social media platforms, communications for the MACC team, presidents, and trustees to utilize.
- Work with the MACC team to ensure the Executive Director and team are prepared and in possession of materials and information required for meetings, conferences, and other scheduled events.
- Interface, leverage and analyze data available from various state and federal agencies, and policy organizations to help inform and advise community college presidents, vice presidents, and policy stakeholders.
- Write and research on an array of issues impacting community colleges in Massachusetts.
- Attend statewide meetings and other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in a related field
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small office environment; ability to joyfully support office
- colleagues and personnel across the 15 community colleges.
- Experienced multitasker who works well under pressure and can manage and meet short
- deadlines in an effective and productive manner.
- Strong collaboration skills at both the peer-level and leadership-level.
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and social media software required.
- Political and leadership acumen is an essential component of the position and the office overall
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Everett, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A