Website State of Florida
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida’s leading state agencies, AHCA’s diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work and ensure proper completion of work assignments within established timeframes.
- Ability to explain Medicaid policies and MCOC procedures to Agency staff, recipients, providers and the public.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to use databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
- Knowledge of structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Skill in investigating, analyzing and resolving complaints.
- Skill in knowing when there is a need for information; and identifying, locating, evaluating, and effectively using that information for the issue or question at hand.
- Skill in managing and organizing multiple work tasks simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product, and meeting all required deadlines.
- Skill in reviewing, correcting and synopsizing written grammar.
- Skill in understanding and applying applicable Medicaid rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Three years of professional experience in social, economic, health or rehabilitative programs or health insurance as documented on the application and/or resume.
- Two years of experience researching and resolving customer issues and complaints as documented on the application and/or resume.
- One year of Microsoft Excel or similar software experience as documented on the application and/or resume and subject to basic skills test.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Services Administration, or Human Services may substitute for one year of the required professional experience.
Company: State of Florida
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A