Website State of Florida
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides highway safety and security through excellence in service, education and enforcement. With a workforce of approximately 4,500 employees throughout the state, the Department is leading the way to A Safer Florida through the efficient and professional execution of its core mission: the issuance of driver licenses, vehicle tags and titles, and operation of the Florida Highway Patrol.
This position reports directly to the Chief of the Bureau of Customer Service providing staffing assistance and support to the Chief and the program areas in the bureau. The position is responsible for coordinating recruitment for the Bureau of Customer Service, as well as managing new hire paperwork and employment related activities for over 150 positions. The position serves as the bureau’s personnel liaison handling all aspects of personnel activity and documents within the bureau and works closely with the Division of Motorist Services HR Office and the Bureau of Personnel Services. This position is responsible for drafting, editing, proofreading and preparing all types of written communications, including emails, publications, memorandums, reports and spreadsheets. Completing supply orders, inventory control, attendance tracking, onboarding new hires, manage telework agreements, data entry, filing and assisting Bureau Chief as needed
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining office files.
- Ability to maintain discretion with sensitive information.
- Skills in drafting of correspondence/letters/memorandums.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skills in researching, reviewing, and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of personal computers and basic office equipment – fax machine, copy machine scanner, printer, and multi-line phones.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to compile data and create reports.
- Ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
Company: State of Florida
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A