Website State of Connecticut
The Statewide Leasing and Property Transfer Department is currently accepting applications for a Supervising Property Agent position. The Statewide Leasing and Property Transfer Department conducts real estate transactions (leasing, acquisition and disposition of property) on behalf of the State of Connecticut, providing services to various state agencies. This position will assist the Administrator with the day to day operations of the department in addition to their own portfolio of real estate.
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans section work; establishes and maintains section procedures; develops or makes recommendations on development of policies and standards; acts as liasion with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; prepares reports and correspondence; supervises property appraisal and acquisition, relocation, outdoor advertising, property management or title examination and recording; supervises research, physical inspections surveys and compilation of project related data; accepts or rejects values estimated by staff and independent fee appraisers; supervises preparation of documentation for presentation at hearings, court proceedings or property conveyance, condemnation, easements, acquisition, release or other related purposes; prepares material and reviews negotiated documents to ensure conformance with rules and regulations; supervises maintenance and control of section files and records; presents testimony at hearings or court proceedings; performs related duties as required.
Eight (8) years of technical experience in the appraisal, acquisition or sale of real property or in large scale real estate property management.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees this is interpreted at the level of Property Agent 2.
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification by the International Right of Way Association as a Senior Right of Way Professional may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience negotiating and writing commercial leases for a minimum of 25,000 square feet of professional office space;
- Experience communicating and working with lessees, lessors, architects, brokers, and other industry professionals;
- Supervisory experience overseeing multi-discipline team members in an environment of competing deadlines.
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A