The Tryer Center is a 20,000 square-foot innovation facility at Starbucks Support Center dedicated to fueling faster and deeper innovation at Starbucks. Managers lead cross-functional teams from idea to action in 100 days. It is a dynamic environment for Starbucks partners to think, build and test, fueled by collaboration and transparency.
Ideal Tryer Team members thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture, and can influence across functions and levels within a highly matrixed organization.
We are looking for a self-directed and innovative manager who is ready to advance the vision for Tryer’s testing, data acquisition and analytical capabilities that will help guide and fuel future innovation at Starbucks. This leader oversees Tryer Center and Tryer Lab operations, and Tryer data capture & analytics programs, and leads a cross-functional team which provides support for a wide variety of Tryer innovation projects.
If you approach challenges with a growth mindset and enjoy wearing many hats as part of a creative and entrepreneurial environment, we are looking for you.
- Participate in long-term planning to improve implementation, sustainment and testing support of Tryer Lab initiatives.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver & enable new innovation capabilities across the enterprise
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for Tryer Center data & operations including automated data collection and information technology systems
- Influence and drive cross-functional & stakeholder partnerships and decision-making that sets Tryer and Starbucks up for success
- Lead point of contact for Tryer Data & Operations
- Manage Tryer Operations budget
- Apply Tryer practices in human-centered design or other related methodologies and actively contribute to improving the practices of the entire team.
- Drive breakthrough thinking, make “big ideas bigger,” and initiate innovation drill sites/territories when appropriate
- Develop and inspire a cohesive teams committed to delivering the best for Tryer Center operations and Tryer Lab
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A