Website Spirit Airlines Careers
The Manager, Division Finance is a financial expert for a specific division or business unit within Spirit Airlines helping the business unit to make better financial and operational decisions. Monitor all expenses and ensure the business units are being diligent with their spending – make sure they “spend it like it’s their own.” Serve as a champion for division projects and initiatives such as capital projects. Ensure all costs are captured in the correct financial reporting period through month-end accrual process. Add value to Spirit Airlines by performing analysis to support divisional decisions making and driving cost-efficiencies/savings. Develop and update financial forecasts. Support divisional Vice President in monitoring division’s financial performance and creating yearly budget.
- In coordination with assigned business division, create annual budget plan to model all expenses, staffing models, and capital expenditures.
- Ensure accurate plan based on divisional inputs and identify/resolve YOY variances.
- Support division with budget presentation and approval.
- Communicate budget goals to division to drive YOY improvement
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory oversight process to aid in an effective interaction with all government regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership and development skills.
- Excel and financial modeling skills with an aptitude for learning new applications in a quick and efficient manner.
- Exhibit analytical ability and a high attention to detail.
- financial background with knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial reporting.
- 5-7 years’ experience.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships across all levels of the organization
- Works well independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with various departments and government authorities
- Capacity to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to stakeholders and other team members
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
Company: Spirit Airlines Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A