Website Spirit Airlines Careers
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organization’s people, process, and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- Provides technical/operational support to the Move Team
- Provides technical/operational support during Winter and Summer Irregular Operations where applicable
- Accountable to senior management for ensuring the safety and security of ground handling operations
- Works with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) tower and the local Port Authorities to ensure all rules and regulations are adhered to for the use of high-speed tow equipment
- Trains, motivates, evaluates and develops Move Team, Team members to reach their fullest potential
- Meets with Regional Manager to ensure good communication
- Conducts attendance reviews and monitors disciplinary issues
- Writes the Spirit Airlines Aircraft Ground handling and Move Team Standard Operating Procedures SOP guidelines for Spirit Airlines
- Works with the local Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) tower and the Port Authorities of GOAA of MCO and BCAD of FLL to ensure all rules and regulations are met regarding the use of high-speed tow equipment
- Oversee a budget
- Meets with the Tech Ops Station Managers of MCO and FLL to ensure good communication
- Holds briefings and meetings with the Move Team Supervisors and Team members to ensure safety briefings and overall oversite of regulations are adhered to.
- Maintains a good working relationship with a variety of Spirit Airlines Departments at FLL, MCO and SSC and all Spirit stations as applicable.
- 3-5 years’ experience within Aviation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Planning and organizing: Accurately scopes out tasks and projects, sets goals, breaks down work into process steps, develops schedules and assigns resources. Uses resources effectively to obtain optimal results. Looks to the future, anticipates future needs and requirements, and acts early to ensure future needs are met.
- Managing Processes: Is dedicated to providing the highest quality results at the lowest total cost. Always gets more accomplished with less resources (people, time, money). Holds self and other accountable at all times. Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
- Leading Diverse Workgroups: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with external and internal customers. Knows how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal networks. Demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills
- Teambuilding: Can effectively blend people into teams. Fosters a positive working environment of open dialogue and feedback. Defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Problem Solving: Makes accurate, timely decisions based upon analysis, judgment and experience. Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR))
- Communicating: Communicates effectively, persuasively and professionally at all levels of the organization and with business partners, federal agencies, airport authorities, other airlines and other stakeholders. Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities
Company: Spirit Airlines Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A