Website Southern California Edison
Southern California Edison (SCE) currently operates a network of five warehouses supporting procurement activities for 35 service centers, over 800 substations and 12 major contractor staging sites. These logistic facilities were originally geographically positioned to deliver materials on a timely basis for SCE projects and to support emergency restoration efforts. Given the increased demand for having material and equipment available for the rapid restoration of service in emergent situations.
Become a Logistics Senior Specialist at SCE and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll work in the Supply Management department within SCE’s Operational Services unit. This position is responsible for all aspects of data collection, analysis, and information reporting. The Senior Specialist will help determine the need for analysis in response to changing business conditions and determines which model and formulas to apply to the analysis. Makes decisions or recommendations as to significant or complex business issues after considering various independently analyzed alternatives. This position works with a high level of autonomy where work is rarely reviewed.
- Perform timekeeping data collection and validation, maintain and complete timekeeping records, enter adjustments to timekeeping data, generate reports to track timekeeping information and attendance.
- Generate specialized and routine reports, research moderate to complex issues and provide comprehensive analysis and diagnostic information based on data.
- Work with management to identify trends in performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain tracking reports that identify trends, activity levels and root causes of changes.
- Maintain SAP and process documentation, policies, procedures, business practices and Radio Frequency (RF) Equipment.
- Maintain cycle counting records, track, and report on progress, assist with variance tracking, research, analysis, audits, and reporting.
- Provide administrative support to multiple locations, including grievance tracking, maintenance of evergreen and the publishing of various reports.
- Attend Logistics Safety and Tailboard meetings, scribe and publish meeting notes for the team as needed.
- Ensure reports and projects are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of analytical experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience supporting a logistics operation, data mining, report creation to include invoice auditing, coding, and processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Experience with transportation processes and warehouse management systems.
- Experience extracting, assessing, and analyzing data from multiple sources and develop recommendations.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, integrate people processes, systems, and technologies.
- Ability to integrate work cross-functionally, develop the business and services to improve customer satisfaction and productivity, handle risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, and data mining.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver presentations to peers, clients, management, and other organizations.
Company: Southern California Edison
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A