Website Southern California Edison
Become a Senior Administrative Assistant at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will provide administrative support to the Planning Department and interact daily with management, staff, and external contacts. As a Senior Administrative Assistant, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
- Directs internal and external customer correspondences to appropriate person/department (e.g. billing, logistics, offline support, etc.), including handling confidential and sensitive telephone calls, files, documents, and reports.
- Calendars meetings, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and conference calls, as well as preparing agendas and discussion materials.
- Generates and processes research reports, meter order backlog, inactive lists, pending cancellations, and various other reports.
- Files electronic and paper documents, including processing invoices, contracts, supply orders, purchase requests, ledgers, and expense reports.
- Inputs/updates online Service Request using DM (Design Manager) (e.g. contact information, billing information, type of Service Request, time frames, project details).
- Receives and reviews customer payments and contracts for accuracy and completeness, including updating customer orders online when receiving and processing money.
- Performs work order package breakdown into necessary post-planning packages, gathers information for Planner field visit and design of project, and ensures completeness of work orders and/or resolves work order problems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience performing thorough administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions.
- A combination of formal education, training, and experience to gain knowledge, skills, and abilities generally equivalent to those possessed by a high school graduate.
- Three or more years of experience tracking the progress of projects, tasks, or assignments using a system such as Microsoft Excel.
- Experience compiling information and entering data into computer applications. Researching, coordinating, and finalizing moderately complex assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing proper sentence structure, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet changing deadlines, perform with minimal supervision, and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203) and EEI BCAB (Test 5206). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
Company: Southern California Edison
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A