Website Social Security Administration
This position is located in the Lihue District Office at: 4334 Rice Street, Lihue, HI.
This position is being filled on a full-time, permanent basis. Additional selections may be made within six months from the closing date of this announcement.
This is a career-ladder position leading to the GS-8 grade level.
Once selected for the Customer Service Representative (CSR) position in SSA, you will contribute to the Agency’s mission through direct service to the public. As the first point of contact, you are responsible for assisting beneficiaries or inquirers in person, by telephone or in writing to provide information on SSA laws, rules and regulations and Medicare Insurance Programs. This includes obtaining information in order to determine eligibility and entitlement for programs administered by SSA, and using automation tools to access and update information about claims or potential eligibility.
Customer Service Representatives provide assistance to beneficiaries and the general public in person, by telephone, or in writing; Conduct interviews to determine the nature of the caller’s question or issue; Explain technical information, gather facts, evaluate evidence, and take action to resolve problems relating to all Social Security programs.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees are required to serve a 1-year probationary period
- Must pass Meet-and-Deal panel interview
- Selectees are required to complete a 11-13 week technical training class
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A