Website Shawbrook Bank
Shawbrook are looking to recruit an Associate Director to join our Structured Finance, Portfolio Management team. This is a newly created position as Shawbrook continues to grow our Structured finance offering and client base. As Associate Director you will be the main contact for existing client portfolio of SF clients, responsible for managing the client relationship and assisting with funding requests, including executing on ad-hoc facility amendments or increase requests, and providing regular credit or other risk updates on client performance and covenant compliance. The SF team within Shawbrook provides tailored funding solutions to the SME market. The team’s financing solutions are catered towards supporting specialist finance companies with debt facilities secured against a portfolio of receivables, or cash flow lends providing leverage funding to support sponsor backed acquisitions or to support venture capital backed businesses by providing growth capital. Our debt solutions span across a wide range of sectors and industries, ranging from fintech specialist lenders, to digital marketing and technology firms, to healthcare and manufacturing businesses. The Portfolio Management team is responsible for managing these existing relationships whilst monitoring the risk for the Bank.
- Post new deal execution, to actively manage the customer relationship for a portfolio of clients and monitor facility compliance with lending covenants and terms. This includes diligent monitoring of sector trends, performance of borrower/counterparties operations, as well as facility covenants through building and maintaining monitoring sheets. Assisting clients with regular funding requests and ongoing queries.
- Ownership of the annual review and credit process, from time to time including ad-hoc amendment or increase requests and covenant restructures as appropriate. This includes being alert to new business opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Play a vital role in rolling out new strategic initiatives for Structured Finance, including compliance, regulatory and risk management oversight, and attend relevant industry events. Focus on managing/overviewing portfolio performance and exposure against policy limits.
- Management of stakeholder relationships, internally being the credit division, peers and colleagues across lending divisions, compliance and client support functions, whilst externally being clients and relevant counterparties such as legal counsel, advisors, private equity houses and other industry partners.
- Manage the annual review process and execute on facility amendment requirements, including client negotiation, transaction risk analysis, writing and presenting of credit papers, and completing the legal process. This includes ensuring our facilities are structured appropriately to meet the customer’s needs whilst mitigating key risks for the bank.
- Consider market, macroeconomic and regulatory impacts on the portfolio and take necessary actions where appropriate, including updating relevant Risk Committees on early warning signs and managing watchlist clients in conjunction with Business support and Credit functions.
- Excellent customer service, credit writing and presentation and negotiation skills. Ability to build strong long-lasting relationships.
- Strong experience working on SF deals in a portfolio management capacity, including management of client amendment/increase requests and familiarity with negotiation/structuring/credit/legal process.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, being able to manage and handle complex issues.
- Experience with financial models and good understanding of financial statements (for portfolio managers assisting on analysis of receivable backed portfolios this includes cashflow/collateral analysis).
- Good commercial, financial acumen and capability in strategic thinking.
- Excellent team player, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build rapport with individuals/stakeholders at various levels of the organisation, both internally as well as externally.
- Influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management, regulators, and committees.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong experience in either a credit risk, portfolio management, transaction (re) structuring role preferred gained at either a bank, fund or advisory environment.
- Experience in structuring and executing SF transactions and risk management, with preferably sector expertise and knowledge of lending practices across either (i) the wholesale Lending/securitisation/warehousing markets or (ii) either the leverage finance/venture debt/healthcare and renewable markets.
- Quantitative Degree/CFA or similar business qualification or equivalent work experience appropriate to the role
Company: Shawbrook Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A