The Assistant Merchant supports the Merchant (Buyer) in executing brand strategies and negotiations, sourcing of new brands, and achieving category goals. Each merchant team is responsible for the product assortment for up to 80+ stores across Canada and has a direct impact on the company’s sales and profitability. This role demands excellent use of analytical skills, judgment, initiative, and creative problem solving in a fast-paced environment while always demonstrating Sephora’s key values.
- Partner with the Planning team to manage inventory and sales forecasting, and with the DotCa and Sephora US teams
- Handle vendor negotiations for testers/damages, Return to Vendor (RTV) and samples
- Responsible for SKU creation and maintenance, Invoice Review Queue, and price changes
- Provide support to our field teams with skincare related issues via our Hotline Online tool.
- Detailed weekly/monthly sales analysis on current business trends and brand/product performance
- Review and approve all in-store brand visual elements, manage the planogram for all multi-branded space such as the Scouted Wall, Favourites
- Endcaps, BOTF etc., and provide visual merchandising recommendations to brands in order to drive higher sales and productivity
- Support the Merchant to source and identify new business opportunities to optimize category growth
- Manage brand assortments, including productivity and timeliness of updates for brand portfolio
- Comp collection/organization from vendors for gratis/social requests
- Assist the Merchant in the creation and execution of brand/product strategies
- Support the Merchant to create robust 360-degree launch strategies for key brands/products to secure exclusive leads and drive skincare sales growth
- An ability to prioritize and manage time, with strong attention to detail
- Confident with demonstrated ability to negotiate and exert influence
- Passion for retail, product, and trends
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with comfort presenting to large groups
- 2-3 years retail buying experience at a major retailer (marketing experience a plus!)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and enjoys working collaboratively with cross-functional groups.
- Excellent technical skills – MS Office (advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Merchant systems
- A strong numbers-aptitude and analytical skills with a drive for results
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A