As a Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the vision and management of capital spending, cash flow and balance sheet, real estate analysis and projections and general and administrative costs of the IT department. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will assist and engage business partners in strategic financial initiatives where necessary, including ROI analysis and cost savings. This position has 2 direct reports.
- Oversee all components of $ budget/forecast for all opex / capex related to Information Technology, Actively pursuing new/innovative ways of improving business process and value added analysis. Monitor and review spending, identify trends/issues and lead resolution of problems.
- Responsible for managing team, developing direct reports, and maintaining team culture
- Helps drive and maintain a thorough understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of supported areas
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Support the preparation of Senior Management presentations and monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Provide leadership on capital spending across all aspects of the business including process flow/tracking, forecasting/reporting, ROI modeling and communication of results. Oversee all components of $280M capital budget.
- Serve as the point person for Real Estate Financial Analysis in the organization including IRR/ROI analysis, proforma modeling, performance tracking, scenario analysis, and ad hoc analytics.
- Work effectively across the organization to research variances, understand trends and incorporate new information into future forecasts.
- Experience leading and developing teams required
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications (interactive excel, macros) and experience with SAP and SAP Business Objects preferred
- 7+ years of related business experience Retail industry preferred
- Dynamic, independent, creative and highly motivated person who works well as a team member with non-financial personnel and executive level personnel
- Experience with real estate analysis preferable
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA preferred
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A