The Manager, Promotion Analytics is responsible for providing thought leadership and strategic insights to business partners in our Marketing and Client Loyalty organizations. The Manager will partner within Analytics and across Sephora to develop a well-rounded perspective on Sephora’s promotional strategy and drive strategic decisions by generating cohesive, data-driven insights.
This role is highly cross-functional and involves working closely with partners across the business. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has outstanding analytic skills and a strong business acumen. They are data-savvy and have an intellectual curiosity to drill deep to uncover business drivers and present insightful, actionable recommendations to the business. This candidate can successfully build collaborative partnerships across the organization, independently manage projects, and work effectively with other analytics team members and senior leadership.
- Design and evaluate controlled tests to measure the impact of both targeted and non-targeted promotions
- Transform complex business questions into data-driven analysis to delivers clear insights and actionable recommendations to drive growth through Promotional strategy
- Develop forecasting methodology, create financial models, and evaluate promotion performance against revenue goals
- Act as strategic thought partner to cross-functional marketing teams
- Manage, coach and mentor two junior team members, with responsibilities including technical mentorship, career development, project management and workload prioritization.
- Deliver executive dashboards to measure promotion performance and deep-dive client analytics to inform Promotional strategy, with a focus on bi-annual tentpole promotions.
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining and analysis of large scale, complex data sets and driving actionable recommendations
- Entrepreneurial mindset, bringing initiative, autonomy and optimism to thrive in an environment with rapid change
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or consulting role, with increasing responsibility
- 1+ years of managing direct reports
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking skills and creativity to strategically solve ambiguous business questions and determine the best path forward
- Courageous and fearless approach to influence, persuade and drive change across the organization
- Foundation in experimental design, either in online or offline environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A