Website Sefton Council
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Social Worker within the Complex Support team. The team ensure that the objectives of the supporting living review and all associated processes are embedded within Adult Social Care.
The post will be based within Adult Social Care’s Client Support service. The team have oversight of supported living schemes and costs, and support social workers to secure the most appropriate scheme for clients who have a learning disability and/or mental health condition.
We are looking for a qualified social worker with current Social Work England registration, who will assess and navigate individuals with complex care needs into the most appropriate care setting.
To undertake this role, the post holder(s) must have a robust understanding of the Care Act 2014, Continuing Health Care, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and all other associated legislation.
- To support and challenge existing practice in order to improve outcomes.
- To use creativity and innovation around support planning and share good practice.
- To maximise opportunities for individuals to achieve greater independence
- To remain outcome focused and deliver high level negotiation skills
- To have an excellent understanding of personal budgets and direct payments
- The post holder will work closely with commissioning support to identify gaps in the market and to develop an awareness and understanding of commissioning.
- The post holder will work collaboratively with housing providers and support providers to advocate on behalf of the Council and vulnerable adults and develop new models of support
- The roles are peripatetic and cover Sefton but may be required to visit services outside of Sefton.
Company: Sefton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A