Website U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Office of Financial Management (OFM) serves as the focal point for the SEC’s financial matters by providing direction, planning, and oversight for financial policy and procedures, financial reporting, accounting policy and systems, internal controls management, and auditing.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and assessment of internal control processes and systems. Implementation of the controls plan to include, but not limited to, documented narratives outlining internal control procedures, statistical sampling, developing test plans, procedures and results.
- Coordinates and tracks external audits and reviews and assists in responses to audits, program evaluation, and other management-related questions generated by the Agency, OMB, GAO, and the IG’s Office.
- Responsible for recording complete complex analyses of risk assessments and internal controls.
- Provides advice regarding compliance with OMB A-123 and the Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), regulatory compliance.
- Serves as an internal controls adviser within the Internal Controls Branch providing functional support for the administration, maintenance, and operation of the SEC’s risk and controls program.
- Communication skills to convey complex and technical information.
- Responds to questions and inquiries on matters of accounting/financial procedures or policy.
- Convey complex and technical information and present financial information to a wide range of audiences in a variety of forms.
- Interacts effectively with SEC senior officials, supervisors, and co-workers.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
- Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
- This position has promotion potential to the SK-12.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
- DRUG TESTING: This position may be subjected to drug testing requirements.
- PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This position is in the collective bargaining unit.
- Due to COVID-19, the SEC is currently in a mandatory telework posture through June 25, 2021. If selected, you will be permitted to temporarily telework from a location outside the local commuting area.
Company: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A