Website U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office within the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC or Commission) that conducts, supervises, and coordinates audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the SEC. The mission of the OIG is to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse and to promote integrity, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the Commission’s programs and operations.
- Under the Office of Inspector General’s team approach to auditing, the Auditor (Information Technology Audit) participates on and conducts audits and evaluations of the SEC’s information technology environment.
- These projects are designed to evaluate the effectiveness of information security controls; assess and promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; and help prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- The Auditor (IT Audit) participates on follow-up reviews of previous audits and evaluations to determine if recommended actions were implemented.
- The Auditor (IT Audit) may assist in non-information technology audits and evaluations of agency programs and activities.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
- Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
- This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
- DRUG TESTING: This position may be subjected to drug testing requirements.
- PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This position is in the collective bargaining unit.
- Due to COVID-19, the SEC is currently in a mandatory telework posture through June 25, 2021. If selected, you will be permitted to temporarily telework from a location outside the local commuting area.
Company: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A