Website San Diego Gas & Electric
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Designs and or manages several concurrent projects, assignments, and activities in consultation with more experienced designers.
Responsible for preparing cost responsibilities in compliance with company policies, including business accounting controls, and governmental rules and regulations.
With appropriate guidance, develops strategies to meet customer construction schedules from conception to completion to install distribution energy systems and services.
Possesses and communicates specialized knowledge relevant to creation of electric and gas distribution work orders.
Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Prepares detailed technical designs of low to moderate complexity for additions and modifications to company gas and electric facilities from onset through completion of project. Prepares the construction orders with safe, reliable, and cost-effective designs that conform to company standards, safety orders, and governmental regulations; engaging when required more experienced designers and/or the design supervisor for guidance. Communicates with other project team members in the development of a compliant design according to appropriate, controlling tariffs.
This is the first of 3 levels of designer. The secondary purpose of this position is to practice professional/technical skills, gain experience dealing with progressively complex designs through work and with coaching from other, more experienced designers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Undergraduate degree/ 4 years formal, post secondary education or equivalent training and/or experience required.
- 2 + years experience in a role with comparable responsibilities, activities and tasks/duties requiring substantially the same levels of functional knowledge or skills to perform required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Geographical Information Systems, required.
- Requires a valid State of California Driver License. Required to operate company or personal vehicles to attend business meetings, field investigations or support C&O Centers with storm restoration related activities.
- Candidate must be able and willing to travel to other work locations or various C&O Districts within the SDG&E service territory if necessary.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with the interpretation and application of engineering principals, Overhead, Underground and Gas Standards, Design Manuals, Service Planning Manuals, Service Guides and CPUC Rules, preferred.
- Proficiency in O-Calc Pro, SAP, DPSS, CISCO, word processing, spreadsheets and Outlook. Procore, PLS-CADD and AUD preferred.
- Project or construction management certification or equivalent, preferred.
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A