The Director Risk Management, Technology & Innovation Banking is responsible for supporting the profitable growth of the overall Technology & Innovation Banking loan and investment portfolio, by exercising sound credit judgment in approving and recommending applications, monitoring credit quality and conditions, and collection activity, thereby ensuring acceptable risk and minimized loan losses.
- Acting as an internal industry and subject matter thought leader helping shape the Bank’s industry view and risk appetite
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Ensuring loan losses and portfolio profile are managed within prescribed limits
- Recommendation of equity investments as required
- Providing guidance and counsel to Banking Centres on quality of submission, analysis, presentation
- Recommending credits/investments in excess of limits to Senior Leadership and/or Senior Credit Committee
- Providing strong direction to Banking Centres in terms of management of risk and maximization of equity gains through regular reporting and monitoring
- Authorizing/declining applications for credit proposals within established criteria including:
- Subordinated Debt Credits
- Previous Commercial/Corporate Banking experience
- Awareness of differing regional tax, legal structures
- Computer literacy especially in the use of monitoring systems to assist in the administration of loan and investment portfolio.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, structuring and pricing credits, and managing and collecting problem accounts
- Deep technology industry financing experience including with senior, junior and venture debt as well as equity investing
- Extensive knowledge of complex deal structures, financing products and services
- Good experience in risk assessment and financial analysis
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A