Contributes to the overall success of the Philanthropic Advisory Services / Scotiatrust in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Scotiatrust is the administrative agent of Aqueduct Foundation, which is a Canadian public foundation (registered charity) with donor advised funds.
- Prepare Aqueduct’s consolidated financial statements quarterly for the Board of Directors
- Prepare the Annual budget develop for Board approval and tracking expenses against the budget on a monthly basis
- Manage expense monitoring and bill payment
- Manage annual third-party audit of Aqueduct Foundation and prepare the annual T3010 (CRA filing) with the external auditor
- Monitor Aqueduct’s investment managers and provide support to Aqueduct Investment Committee
- Oversee fee/Expense Recovery Allocation process and payment of Scotiatrust fees on a monthly basis and serve as primary contact for SWM Finance
- Manage the administration of estate fall-ins; record keeping and collection of estate donations
- Monitor complex property assets, such as private company shares (including reviewing company financial statements)
- Support Aqueduct’s Audit and Finance Committee.
- Oversight of donation tax receipting process
- Act as Aqueduct/Scotiatrust Branch compliance officer; new fund and donor sign off and AML/KYC review
Qualification & Experience:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or equivalent in work experience.
- 5 years+ in private accounting practice or in financial services or a registered charity.
- Knowledge of Scotiatrust systems and compliance requirements an asset
- Knowledge of registered charities and charitable giving rules an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A