As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening relationships to better serve the financial needs of Canada’s growing mass-affluent clients. As a dedicated entrepreneur, you understand that growing a practice is all about building long-term relationships. You know how to leverage your external networks and centres of influence, and welcome the freedom to grow your own practice. Most importantly, you realize that your clients are your greatest asset and your priority is providing investment and financial planning advice to help them meet their unique goals.
You also excel at building new relationships and enjoy the flexibility of being able to meet clients outside of the office, on a schedule that best suits you and your clients. Finally, you recognize the value of working within a collective Scotiabank framework that benefits both your clients and your practice overall.
- You are passionate about promoting the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in your assigned market area by:
- Conducting outbound communications and proactive calling to prospects to grow their assets under management
- Creating new financial plans for clients or conducting an initial review of their existing financial plan
- Maintaining strong relationships with your clients and building your business through client referrals
- Expanding your network and growing your prospects by participating in local professional and community events, delivering community information sessions and financial seminars, and networking with investment industry specialists
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Mutual Fund License
- 3+ years of investment sales experience and financial planning
- You’re self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and you understand that growing a practice is all about building long-term relationships
- You realize that your clients are your greatest asset and your priority is providing investment and financial planning advice to help them meet their unique goals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steinbach, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A