Website U.S. Small Business Administration
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON ONLY.
By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, Damage Verification Center (DVC), you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
As a Construction Analyst at the GS-0828-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Determining the cause and extent of damages and methods of making repairs to residential and business structures.
- Estimating the cost to repair and replace personal, business and commercial property.
- Using computers and/or iPads to upload, retrieve, and complete work assignments and perform internet research.
- Conducting on-site assessments of damage to personal, real and business property that resulted from a declared disaster by the President or SBA.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Company: U.S. Small Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A