At Santander we’re driven by our purpose – to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
You will act as a Financial Crime SME in supporting the Financial Crime Remediation Programme (FCRP) by using your knowledge and expertise in Financial Crime. You will liaise with key stakeholders across the business to address Financial Crime queries; recommend best practices; challenge the status-quo; provide training and perform ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Using FC SME experience to challenge where appropriate, recommend optimal FC options, and constructively seek to gain alignment where required to enhance the FC as is state
- Responsible for supporting actions relating to the end-to-end process by the Audit and Assurance findings
- Supporting the FCRP Team by providing expert financial crime knowledge by means of written and verbal communication, to enable the Bank to meet its Regulatory and Stakeholder requirements
- Acting a lead advisory point to cover key AML topics such as KYC/CDD/EDD, Sanctions, PEPs, SARs, sector and country risk factors and Risk model
- Attending multiple standing meetings with the FCRP Team and other stakeholders to provide FC input in workshops; training; FC best-practices and working groups.
- Taking steps to understand and respond to vendor queries in a timely manner
- Presenting findings on proposed FC solutions to complex operational and processing problems and making FC recommendations to senior management and others as required
- Experience in drafting FC policies, procedures, recommendations, reports/recommendations.
- Experience managing a team
- Previous experience in a FC role gained from L1, L2, consultancy, regulatory, or other environment that is relevant and provides the experience required to function as an SME
- Aptitude for communicating effectively, with exceptionally strong stakeholder management skills
- ICA Diploma / Certificate or equivalent qualification in FC
- Strong understanding of FC regulations applicable to the UK for AML, Sanctions, Anti-Terrorist Financing, and other areas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A