Website Sainsbury's Bank
To assist and support the Account Managers in the delivery of the insurance panel strategy to achieve increased quotability and competitiveness required to realise our P&L targets.
Acting as a point of contact internally and externally for day to day queries, produce and analyse MI relevant to activities outline in the TOBA. Co-ordinate completion of actions resulting from internal and external review meetings. Facilitate in insurer audits and act as point of contact between operations, supply management and insurers.
To act as the SB representative in all day to day matters with insurers. To support and assist in the appropriate governance and commercial developments and support the design and implementation of the acquisition and retention strategy. Support the speedy delivery and implementation of agreed changes.
- Have a strong awareness and understanding of conduct risk, specifically the delivery of fair customer outcomes
- Market and Product Expert on developments, changes, initiatives, new entrants that will inform and improve our panel strategy and product offering –e.g Telematics, Mid-Networth, new ancillaries
- Produce reports and MI relevant to panel insurer performance including analysis and recommendations to support the continuous improvement of net rates
- Work collaboratively with our external and internal stakeholders to ensure actions and agreed activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support the execution of the joint development plan for each panel insurer that drives continuous improvement and that also takes into account the need to manage the insurer profitability – includes key metrics e.g Panel Share, Cancellation, Retention, Average Premium, Claims
- Frequency, Loss Ratio, by providing regular MI and collation of other relevant MI internally and externally.
- Co-ordinate the day to day queries internally and externally and resolution in relation to the performance of the insurance panel through to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level
- Living the Sainsbury’s Group values through proactively taking responsibility, owning any issues arising and following through to resolve them (within their role remit). Recognise how their individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Able to work on pressure and multi-task
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Preferably within a broker model business
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A