Website Royal Mail
Royal Mail (RM) is global group, listed on the UK Stock Exchange in the FTSE100, and operates across the UK, Europe, North America and Canada. The Group has an exciting strategic growth plan and is one of the largest employers in the UK with over 140,000 employees. Global Risk Assurance is a team of 20 auditors across the UK mostly proximate to RM’s London and Sheffield/Chesterfield offices, and a European team based out of Amsterdam.
This role will be at the centre of the development of the team’s technology risk assurance offering, will support the business to manage technology and data risks, develop audit plans and work with the wider audit team and co-sourced providers to deliver technology risk-based audits that add value to the Group.The role will own the relationships with the Technology and Data teams in the UK and will offer valuable exposure to all areas of our operation and to senior stakeholders across the business, supporting our reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee.The successful candidate will also work closely with the international audit team based in Amsterdam to develop a global technology audit plan and support its delivery.Experience in Sarbanes Oxley would be an advantage to support RM’s implementation of a Technology controls framework.
- Lead on our reporting commitments to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Lead in the development of continuous improvement activities that enhance Internal Audit and Risk Management’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business management including being an active and valued contributor to formal governance processes and forums.
- Partner with the Technology and Data teams to identify risks by running risk workshops and working one-on-one with senior stakeholders and develop an assurance plan based on business principal and emerging risks.
- Proactively support Technology and Data business units and functions in designing and implementing effective risk management processes.
- Shape and lead the delivery of the Technology risk assurance strategy. methodology and quality assurance standards.
- Drive and manage the plan of technology risk-based audits and technology elements to other audit projects (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley).
- Strong understanding of Technology Risk and Control. Experience of Sarbanes Oxley would also be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA) or internal auditor (IIA) with a Technology audit qualification working as a Technology risk, assurance or other audit professional, ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Big Four accounting firm or in house at a large corporate.
- Proven technical skills in Technology assurance and risk management.
- Strong project management skills; able to self-manage and deliver a portfolio of work.
- Confident working as a team player, investing time in building the skills and experience of the team.
- Experience of a complex operating environment in a large business with highly developed financial or operational awareness
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A