Website Royal Mail
The technician will provide technical diagnosis and solutions and perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Gas and Hot and Cold Water systems and some electrical maintenance.
You will be involved in fault finding, maintenance, repair and installation of these systems and will regularly liaise with customers. Working across a specified region, you must be willing to travel and hold a Full UK driving license.
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Analyse and understanding of complex technical issues in relation to gas and electrical maintenance.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Identifying and reporting of faults/H&S issues on sites across the estate.
- Must hold a Commercial gas qualification/certification either COCN1 or CODNCO1
- You must be a Gas Safe registered Gas engineer
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Candidates with a 18th edition or supplementary electrical skills will be highly desirable,
- Experience of completing job certificates in an electronic format
- Experience of working alone or as part of a team
- A good level of PC literacy
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience maintaining air conditioning, power doors or dock levellers would be of interest.
- Applicants will ideally be qualified and accredited by Gas Safe in commercial gas modules to include CKR1, CMET, CEN1 and CIGA1.
- Experience maintaining Gas equipment / pipe work and hot and cold water systems
- Full UK Driving License is required, as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified area for which a van will be provided.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with customers
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A