Website Royal Mail
Five centuries in business has made Royal Mail more than a household name. We connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
Our market is changing, but as one of the UK’s leading companies we are focused on achieving our vision of being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe. We want to be more commercial, flexible and efficient and are employing our strong brand and a range of new products and services to achieve this.
- Perform day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance and conduct performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Team Coaches, including input into the compilation of end of shift reports, root cause analysis, fault logging and data entry.
- Identify the root cause of automation faults/breakdowns and prioritize corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives in association with team leaders, making full use of the relevant central support systems.
- Monitor and review day-to-day equipment performance and improve automation outputs in partnership with operations.
- Qualified in electrical and mechanical engineering (minimum ONC Electrical Engineering – or equivalent), you will have experience of working as part of an effective maintenance team through a period of considerable change and investment in technology.
- With a detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation you will have first-hand experience of maintaining automation equipment, ideally Programme Logic Controllers (PLC), along with a flexible approach and the ability to communicate complex issues effectively.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A