Website Republic Services
The Sorter is responsible for safely and efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or mills.
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate chute.
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items.
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
- Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unacceptable items as required.
- Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Recycling Facility sorting recyclable materials.Charlotte Career Fair
On the Spot Interviews and Offers
Date: Thursday, July 8th
Time: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: 1007 Amble Dr. Charlotte, NC 28206
Now Hiring 2nd Shift 3:00pm – Midnight
Please apply prior to the event.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Company: Republic Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A