Website Ralphs Grocery Company
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Recommend meat and seafood items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Inform customers of meat and seafood specials.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Use all equipment in meat department such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to Company guidelines.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, safety and food safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Display a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Ensure Country of Origin Labels are correct for all meat and seafood products.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Provide customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered in the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
- Effective communication skills
- 18 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Retail experience
Company: Ralphs Grocery Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A