As a claims manager, you’ll lead a team of six to seven supervisors overseeing 40-50 claims professionals. In this role, you’ll ensure your team runs smoothly and efficiently by developing goals, educating your team on company strategies, and implementing department procedures.
- Communicate with and educate your team on policy/certificate provisions, including customer service training and appropriate referral to claims adjusters
- Coach and develop direct reports
- Identify training needs, develops/conducts training, and evaluates learning
- Gain a complete understanding of problems facing adjusters on specific claims and develop strategies for dealing with legal and contractual issues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least five years of experience in property claims handling, at least two years of which must be in a leadership position
- Instead of the above, an associate degree and a minimum of eight years related work experience, at least five years of which must be in property claims handling and include a minimum of two years in a leadership position.
- Instead of a degree, 10 years related work experience, at least five years of which must be in property claims handling and include a minimum of two years in a leadership position.
- Adjuster 620 License Required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A