Website Canada Post
The Manager, Corporate Projects, supports the planning and delivery of large and complex multi-million dollar initiatives that are of strategic importance to Canada Post, as a “Second in Command” to the Project Director.
- Assesses the feasibility of alternative solutions to the problem/opportunity, and directs the development of the Business Case necessary to address the alternatives considered, identifying resource requirements, initial risk assessment, and high level work plan for implementation.
- Builds a Risk Management process that identifies, analyses, and responds to project risk, including identifying those risks likely to adversely affect the project responsibilities of scope, time and budget. Conducts evaluation of risks and range of possible outcomes, and develops contingency steps for response to threats.
- Verifies that project deliverables have been met to client’s satisfaction and establishes and maintains an ongoing communication/reporting process with the Project/Executive Sponsors.
- Determines the project scope and objectives and identifies the organization structure of the project team and the management controls required to control the project. Leads functional team members in the development of a detailed project plan outlining schedule, budget requirements, responsibility assignments and workload estimates.
- Ensures compliance to Corporate approved project management methodologies, and ensures integration and use of corporate project management tools within the project activity base.
- Participates in the development of a project organization, including reviewing project position job descriptions, selection of project team members, provision of work facilities and environment. Establishes objectives and performance goals for team members. Develops a Change Management plan dealing with all stakeholder expectations and initiates an effective communication process with all affected stakeholders.
- Puts in place budget control mechanisms and reports status and variances to plan to Project Sponsor and Senior Management on a regular basis.
- Establishes an overall quality management process to ensure that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken, including the identification of quality standards, project evaluation through regular reviews and identification of solutions to causes of unsatisfactory performance, and subsequent implementation.
- Maintains current knowledge of project status and issue resolution. Resolves issues that arise between project team and client groups, and where necessary escalates to appropriate executive level for resolution.
- Implements the approved project plan and the close monitoring of project activities for conformance to project scope definition and, where necessary, affects Change Requests for approval at the Executive Sponsor level.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong computer skills & extensive knowledge of Excel
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field such as Business Administration.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A