Website Porter Airlines
The Station Supervisor is responsible for building and sustaining a high-performance culture of teamwork, commitment to service and operational reliability throughout the Station, with significant focus on actively developing the Team’s ability to safely and consistently achieve our Turn targets and provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment between various departments to enable the Turn.
- Model behaviours consistent with Our:Values and Porter’s Respect and Dignity Policy. Ensure all Team Members follow this example.
- Ensure the safe operation of the Station. Monitor and enforce compliance with safety protocols.
- Conduct daily audits of Team Member performance to ensure compliance with safety, reliability, service, and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Ensuring the appropriate Team Members are assigned to the Turn, drawing from other areas of the Station operation if need be.
- Oversee the customer service experience within the Station. Ensure Team Members provide proper customer service in accordance with Porter’s standards and nine core service behaviours.
- Actively works to maintain healthy Team Member Engagement levels.
- Ensuring that the necessary equipment required for the Turn is available and serviceable.
- Conducts regular after action reviews with the Team following turns to ascertain what went well and should be reinforced / repeated and the causes of turn misses so that they can be corrected for subsequent turns. Trending causes of turn misses should be raised to the Station Manager to be addressed as part of our continuous improvement approach to operations.
- Engage with Team Members in the operation to develop talent skills, including operational decision-making, critical thinking, adherence to standards, and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top talent.
- Oversee local administrative coordinator to handle the station’s administrative support needs. Cross-trains administrative coordinator to augment CSR during extreme irregular operations, during staff shortages and during low season operations.
- Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Able to work irregular hours.
- Able to lead under pressure.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Able to effectively plan and manage resources, both people and time.
- 2 years of leadership experience.
- College diploma or equivalent experience.
- Able to obtain and hold all required security clearances.
- 5 years airline experience in either customer service or ramp. If experienced in only one of these areas, must learn the other within three months of joining Porter in order to provide the station with proper supervision.
Company: Porter Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, United States
Application Deadline: N/A