Website Porter Airlines
Reporting to the Station Manager, Montreal, the Customer Service Representative contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of the department.
- Provide high quality customer service
- Check-in passengers for flights at the ticket counters by assigning seats, directing passengers to their gates, and checking documentation for flights while ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of passenger luggage
- Perform pre-flight check-in procedures by assigning seats, making gate announcements, issuing boarding passes and boarding the flight
- Monitor carry-on luggage and aircraft doors
- Assist passengers with special needs such as disabled and wheelchair passengers, and unaccompanied minors
- Assisting arriving passengers and oversee the International Arrivals baggage area
- Provide assistance to passengers whose baggage is mishandled or damaged
- Complete reports (BIR’s) and handle entire tracing to recovery of mishandled bags
- Arrange transportation method to restore the missing baggage to the rightful owner
- Respond to all passenger enquiries via telephone and email
- Maintain constant communication with the customer throughout the tracing or repair process
- Maintain accurate records and update PNR files
- Reconcile delivery service invoices
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
- Ability to obtain necessary security clearances
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Able to work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Supports and adheres to all company policies
- Knowledge of baggage services handling procedures will be preferable
- Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Experience in a customer service environment, preferably in the airline industry
- Have a proven positive track record when handling difficult situations and customers
- Need to be detailed oriented
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs on a regular basis
Company: Porter Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A