Website Porter Airlines
Reporting to the Manager, Stores and Inventory Control, the Stores Clerk is responsible for keeping accurate inventory records, shipping and receiving functions and performing other duties as assigned.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Carrying out Dangerous Goods Shipping as required
- Assisting Maintenance, Inventory Control and Planning by picking and issuing aircraft parts
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Loading/Off-loading of freight from various means of transportation
- Handling AOG requirements after hours and weekends, including creating purchase orders and arranging the logistics of the required aircraft parts
- Performing receiving of aircraft parts using electronic inventory system
- Carrying out shipping of aircraft parts
- Arranging all local pick-ups/drop-offs using courier or other approved methods
- Warehousing skids and crates using forklift and hangar racks
- Returning any unused parts to inventory
- Managing the shipping of Company Material (COMAT) to/from all outstations as well as the aircraft tool control
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must have a valid Class G2 or G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English
- Able to obtain a Transport Canada Airport Restricted Area Pass
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Company: Porter Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Application Deadline: N/A