Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The Apprentice Gas Control Technician works under the supervision of a Journeyman Gas Control Technician and is engaged in the technology associated with the installation, adjusting, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and electronic gas measurement, instrumentation and control systems and all other equipment appurtenant to the operation of gas facilities. Employee must be able to work at elevated heights. This position may be required to act in a lead capacity, supervising the work of other employees in lower classifications engaged in this work.
- Installs/maintains/repairs mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic gas measurement, instrumentation and control systems and other equipment associated with the operation of gas facilities. Examines, replaces, and/or repairs switches, lights, circuit breakers, panel boxes, transformers, relays, and controls. Overhauls and repairs heat exchangers, compressors, motors, and fans; repairs electro-mechanical gear-operated equipment.
- Conducts visual, auditory, and mechanical inspections of equipment to determine the extent of repairs needed and to identify needed replacement parts. Tests hydraulic pressures and electronic and mechanical components. Uses computerized testing equipment to test or calibrate electronic components and to check failure codes. Inspects and adjusts components on equipment to prevent premature failure of items.
- Drives mid-size and heavy-duty trucks, specialized equipment (i.e., all-terrain vehicle), and cars to job sites, which may be located in remote areas or in rugged terrain.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic math understanding and use including applied knowledge of Ohm’s Law.
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Windows operating system, MS office suite
- Knowledge and working experience with electrical power systems and equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Experience with maintenance of CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)/LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) facilities
- Experience with PG&E as a hiring hall and/or contractor
- Ability to work extended hours, nights and on weekends, and overtime based on business needs
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- To better represent the communities, we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
- Knowledge and working experience with gas regulation, measurement, and basic data communication techniques is desirable.
- Completion of formal instrumentation education program
- 1 or more years knowledge of electronics, measurement and control experience, and equipment instrumentation/troubleshooting experience
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A