Website Peace Corps
The incumbent is a member of the Director’s senior staff and serves as the Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO). The position reports to the Agency’s Chief of Staff and provides insightful leadership to plan and implement human resources systems and programs in support of the Agency’s human capital needs. Peace Corps is an excepted service Agency and the incumbent will be responsible for managing HR systems and programs while ensuring the development and the implementation of best HR practices.
- The Associate Director (Chief Human Capital Officer) performs the following major duties:
- Provides expert executive level advice, guidance, and support to the Chief of Staff and Agency’s Director on key mission-critical human capital issues, initiatives, and success of the Human Resources program.
- Partners with the agency’s senior leadership and the strategy champions to define and execute a robust human capital management strategy.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Agency senior leadership on matters relating to federal laws of major significance, which substantially impact the personnel administration and human capital activities of the Agency.
- Provides advisory services to Agency’s senior leadership and officers regarding presidential management initiatives, restructuring, or streamlining changes, and advises and negotiates with Agency officials on modifications to the existing organizational structure, including risk analysis and implications of associated changes.
- Ensures the organization’s human capital strategy is aligned with current and future mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency and the workforce plans and programs meet the challenges of the evolving human capital demands.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs; and the design, implementation and evaluation of Agency’s human resources programs.
- Establishes policies, strategies and procedures which ensure that the Agency’s human capital resources are appropriately integrated and managed effectively.
Peace Corps Manual Section 611 is applicable to this position. This section prohibits the employment of certain persons previously engaged in intelligence activities or connected with intelligence agencies within the past 10 years. If you have ever worked for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), you are not eligible for employment at the Peace Corps in any capacity, and you should not apply for employment.
Any individual who is currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a position in the competitive or excepted service, must meet “time-in-grade” requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying).
Company: Peace Corps
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A