We’re in business to save our home planet, and you’re developing the future of business leadership. As the General Manager, you recruit, coordinate, motivate and lead a team in one of Patagonia’s retail stores. You maintain your store as a hub for environmental activism, sport and positive vibes. You act as an ambassador for Patagonia in your business community. You positively network across stores and channels while thinking of ways to support the broader success of retail. You ensure that our customer-service experience is best-in-class: consistent, authentic, engaging and aligned with Patagonia’s core values. You lead by example and inspire your team to live Patagonia’s mission, both in the store and in the community. As the General Manager, you are ultimately responsible for all aspects of the store.
Our stores are intended to be gifts to the community. We renovate old buildings into storefronts using low-impact practices and materials. In addition, our retail stores, working with our Worn Wear program, extend the life of customers’ old gear by repairing, reselling or recycling it.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Continually able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A