Website Pacific Coastal Airlines
Pacific Coastal Airlines is seeking a permanent full time Procurement Coordinator. This position is based out of the maintenance hangar located at the South Terminal close to the Vancouver International Airport. We are seeking a candidate who is looking to enjoy a family-oriented, dynamic and rewarding work environment. We are excited to welcome safety-oriented and customer service minded individual to continue their career with our company.
Pacific Coastal Airlines is headquartered at the South Terminal building at Vancouver International Airport. We fly scheduled and charter service between busy international airports, remote destinations, and beautiful communities in the province of British Columbia and Southern Alberta.
Reporting to Director, Procurement and Supply Chain, the primary responsibility of the Procurement Coordinator is to manage the Purchasing function within the organization and support the Procurement and Supply Chain Department with procurement of goods, services, inventory, parts and materials in accordance with the Pacific Coastal Airlines’ Procurement Policy and purchasing practices.
Success in this role will be achieved through application of strategic purchasing concepts to satisfy operational demands of Pacific Coastal Airlines and ensuring correct and efficient flow of product through the Stores and Maintenance Hangar.
- Obtain three EFQs in good faith and negotiate prices fairly, but firmly, prior to closing the purchase transaction with vendors and suppliers
- Determine accurate delivery timelines to ensure timely acquisition of products and services
- Liaise with vendors on resolving problems associated with product delivery delays and continue to communicate status of product delivery to appropriate departments
- Maintain and manage stock levels based on minimum and maximum quantities established in the system for various parts and materials
- Procure materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and services within the established limits, quantity, quality and pricing guidelines adhering to
- Pacific Coastal Airlines’ Procurement Policy, purchasing processes, and spending authorization matrices
- Source and research materials for best possible price and appropriate quality via liaison with vendors and suppliers
- Maintain Pacific Coastal Airlines Preferred Suppliers List and develop and maintain long-term valuable relationships with suppliers
- Process purchase orders, including placing orders, with vendors/suppliers
- Verify orders and follow up on order progress (confirmation, transport, customs, etc.)
- Work with various departments including Accounts Payable to address concerns and issues (such as order quality, quantity, price, delivery, and departmental approval process) with the order from Procure to Pay
- Interact with suppliers on a day-to-day basis, review inventory on an ongoing basis, and order as required based on minimum requirements set in our inventory system
- Select Preferred vendors and suppliers based on merits of quality and price
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 platform mainly Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level
- Completion of post-secondary education required
- 2+ years of experience in procurement and/or inventory management required
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma in a related field preferred
- Experience in aviation industry is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Being able to work resourcefully and efficiently in a lean department
- Strong Communication and excellent Negotiation skills required
- Organized multi-tasker who can work independently with little direct supervision
Company: Pacific Coastal Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A