Website Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
As a Registered Nurse Supervisor for the Department of Corrections, you will be responsible for the supervision of personnel in the performance of all clinical and administrative duties related to nursing services for your assigned institution.
We are seeking hard working, enthusiastic, compassionate and caring people who are committed to providing exceptional care. If you are an ambitious, confident Registered Nurse Supervisor committed to providing amazing care, this job is for you!
Please Note: Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $83,644.00 (before taxes).
- Ensuring that adequate coverage is provided on all shifts
- Approving or disapproving leave requests, scheduling personnel, and authorizing overtime for all clinical personnel
- Reviewing and evaluating the educational and training needs for subordinates, planning and conducting training and arranging for further education and training to enhance nursing skills
- Performing duties of a working supervisor, assisting the clinical staff in performing duties during peak work load periods and absences of personnel
- Carrying out all other general and nursing related duties for which certifiable training and licensure has been received
- Planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the nursing services provided to inmates
- PA residency currentlywaivedfor this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – Three years as a Registered Nurse (Commonwealth class title); OR four years of professional nursing experience providing care and treatment services consistent with those needed for individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or a developmental disability.
- NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Employees possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one (1) year period defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Donotsubmit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents willnotbe reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on theapplication(i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A